Updates to mental and behavioral health coverage, digital/virtual stress and mental health programs under APS insurance plan providers, additional benefits and community resources for all APS employees.
Mental health issues
Mental health matters. Talking about it counts. Warning signs are important. Tackling your ghosts is important. You matter and you are valuable.
No cost for in-network mental/behavioural health benefits
As of January 1, 2022, there is no cost sharing (i.e. no co-payment or deductible) for in network mental/behavioural health services for employees covered by APS benefits.
Senate Bill 317, titled “No Behavioral Health Cost Sharing,” was signed into law on April 8, 2021. The bill covers all cost sharing for covered employees and dependents for :
- In network professional services rendered by a mental/behavioural health provider (counselling/therapy visits), except when delivered to an emergency room or urgent care center (in which case, your ER/urgent care co-payment will apply).
- Services are rendered by a in network primary care provider for behavioral health services.
- Outpatient and inpatient services (including drug addiction).
- Prescription medications are covered by the APS plan formulary or authorized by the plan for mental/behavioural health diagnosis.
Read the New Mexico State Bulletin (PDF) from the New Mexico Bureau of Insurance for complete details and to fully understand your benefits under this new law.
APS Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The APS EAP program provides free, confidential, short-term professional counseling for employees and immediate family members. Call (505) 880-3718 to schedule an in-person or virtual meeting WeCounsel appointment.
Mindfulness and meditation are not about “Ohm”. The Mindful living can help you manage stress, anxiety and depression, and experience a greater sense of overall well-being.
- Register at Mindful living program and access on-demand meditations, daily walk-in meditations, and Saturday webinars. This is a free and flexible program for all APS employees.
- Links for daily visits and Saturday sessions can be found in the APS Employee Wellness Calendar. Sign up to receive all content and reminders by email.
- Everything is recorded for on-demand viewing and accessible through your phone. This site is optimized for mobile phones so you can access a wide variety of recorded meditations anytime, anywhere.
Mental Health Resources by Health Plan
Presbyterian Health Plan
Presbyterian Health Plan members and covered dependents can find Presbyterian wellness tools and resources, including digital ID cards on the myPRES patient portal.
- 24/7 PresRN Nurse Advice Line and Video Visits: Provides mental/behavioural health services
- TalkSpace: Virtual Mental and Behavioral Health Program. Professional, personal and confidential online therapy.
- New! GetCareToday Online web symptom checker, provider and facility finder.
- Community Health Worker (CHW) Program: A unique program offering individual and family assistance with housing, food, utilities, transportation and the management of health situations such as pregnancy, asthma, diabetes, behavioral health, etc. This service is confidential and provided at no additional cost to you. For more information, call (505) 923-8567.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
BCBS-NM members and covered dependents can access the BCBS-NM Member Site to access all member tools and resources, including digital ID cards. Most of the benefits below are accessible via a single login to your Blue Access for Members account, then choosing the “Wellness” tab.
- New! learn to live digital mental health program for members and dependents ages 13 and older. Personal coaching by phone, SMS or e-mail. Access the benefit through Blue Access for Members/Wellness/Digital Mental Health.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: virtual telemedicine MDLIVE: Offers mental and behavioral health services.
- 24/7 nurse line: 800-973-6329 to talk to a nurse about your symptoms and/or access a wide range of audio health topics (PDF).
- Well on Target program includes health assessment, member dashboard, digital self-management programs, tools and trackers, interactive symptom checker, secure messaging, Blue 365 PointsSM rewards, condition tracking fitness and nutrition, plus device integration, personal wellness challenges, mobile app (AlwaysOn)
- Wonder Health weight loss program (formerly Naturally Slim)
True Health New Mexico (THNM)
THNM plan members and covered dependents can visit the THNM member page for more information on comprehensive health and wellness resources as well as digital ID cards.
- Doctor on demand for network telehealth visits. Offers mental and behavioral health services.
- Care Connect Nurse Advice Line: 1-844-308-2552. Experienced registered nurses will discuss your symptoms and situation with you.
- True You Program: You are real, you are better, you are aware, you are informed
Cigna members have access to a wide range of healthcare resources. Members and covered dependents can visit the Member Portal for provider finder, cost estimator and symptom checker tools, as well as digital ID cards.
- Telehealth or virtual visit: Amwell (855) 667-9722, MDLIVE (888) 726-3171: offers mental and behavioral health services.
- Cigna Mental and Behavioral Health Resources include virtual counseling/therapy services, lifestyle and weight management programs, iPrevail, TalkSpace and Happify.
Community partners in mental health
These organizations have immediate mental health/crisis hotlines and counseling services that APS employees and family members can access.
New Mexico Crisis Line
If you or a loved one is experiencing an emotional crisis, mental health or addiction problem, you can find help 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by calling the New Brunswick Crisis and Access Line. Mexico or the Peer to Peer hotline. .
- Crisis and Access Line: 1-855-NMCRISIS (1-855-662-7474)
- Warm peer-to-peer line: 1-855-4NM-7100 (1-855-466-7100). Call 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. or text 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
The Albuquerque Regional Community Chaplain Corps (ARCCC)
ARCCC provides free, confidential, emotional and spiritual support to APS employees. The nonprofit organization provides free, confidential emotional and spiritual care (PDF) to APS employees.
- Call or text for individual “TLC” appointments: (505) 376-6117.
- Hours of operation for telephone or zoom meetings are as follows: Monday – Thursday: 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.